dimarts, 1 de desembre del 2015

REAR WINDOW

WHAT CAN YOU SEE THROUGH YOUR WINDOW?


Hey students, you have here a new task to do, if you do it, you will get extra mark and a of course some sweets and there will be a prize for the three best pictures and descriptions.

What do you have to do?
- 1st – take a picture of what you see from one of your home windows.
- 2nd – Describe the picture, using maximum 70 WORDS.( We are going to give you some tips).
- 3rd – Send the picture to 

anna@lescarolines.com or

sandrine@lescarolines.com and that's it.

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY IT.

TIPS:

 
How can you do that?there are some "basics" when describing pictures,I´ll show you the most relevant steps below:
1.You shoud introduce the picture/topic using expressions such as:
  • The photo/ picture shows...
  • It was taken on a ( day, time of the day)example, on a Friday night.
  • It´s a black-and-white/coloured photo
2. Locate the different items in the photo using: ( as in the picture above).
  • In the foreground/ background you can see..../there is...
  • In the middle/centre there are / I can see....
  • At the top/At the bottom there is....
  • On the left/ right there is....
  • Behind/ In front of... you can see...
  • Between...there is....
   3. What are they doing? now you describe the people in the picture or you say what is happening now using the present continuous (am/is/are + verb-ing).
You can also use physical descriptions and describe the clothes they are wearing.
4. Personal opinion
You should finish by expressing your personal opinion.You can use the expressions below:

  • It seems as if....
  • The lady seems to...
  • Maybe...
  • Ithink...
  • I wonder....
  • I like / don´t like the picture because....
    GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY IT. 
  •  
It's a sunny day. In the photo I can see all the city and above it, a lot of clouds. The sky is blue like a sea, but the clouds are grey like a stone. Below the clouds there are a lot of buildings: one of them very big an the others very small. looking at the picture, I think it was made in the morning. I think it is a very nice day in the photo.



This photo was taken from  my father's office window.
It  was taken on a  Thursday evening.
In the foreground I  can see some balconies, in the background there are some buildings. On the right there is a big tree that is on a small park, near the park there is a white van. In all the park and near the buildings there are a lot of streetlights. 
There are no people in the photo that  night but normally there are a lot of people mainly children, they are usually walking their dogs.


Rear window


THIS IS WHAT I CAN SEE THROUGH MY WINDOW:
There is one big factory, there are a lot of houses, there is one garage,a piece of wasted ground and there, there is a wheel tractor and some bushes.I can also see a big building and on the top of the building a clothes line.
I can also see one chimney, a lot of doors and windows.This is all I can see from my room's window.
by Ginés Bayona, 1st of ESOB.

This is a picture of the view that there is a window of my house.
In them you can see many cars : some white, some black, some gray ...
There is also a lighted lamp beside one of the cars and the sidewalk there is a man walking his dog and seems to just leave your home .
Beside the streetlight on the pavement there is a floor in no balconies above them and there are different awnings, as there is for example a red one.
On this street there are many people but that also makes this more quiet home . I also wanted to add that from this window there is a nice view but it's a very old house. But I admit that I like this street because whenever I trace me a good weather window breathe .
I like my street !!!

     

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada